Do you need hosting for WordPress blog?
This is a guide to help you find the best wordpress hosting for your blog. WordPress is the most popular and widely used blogging platform. It has more than 250 million blogs in its network. If you are using WordPress, then you need a reliable hosting provider to support your blog.
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. It’s used by tens of millions of websites, from personal blogs to large companies. It is both free and easy to use and has a user-friendly interface, so you don’t need to be a technical expert in order to install it or update it.
WordPress Hosting For Blog: What to look for?
WordPress is the most popular CMS in the world, powering over 25% of all websites. It is also very easy to use and requires little to no technical knowledge.
With so many benefits, it’s no wonder that WordPress is so popular. However, with popularity comes increased risk. In this section, we will be discussing some of the things you should look for when looking for a WordPress hosting provider:
- Uptime: What is website uptime? Website uptime is the amount of time that a website is available to users. Website uptime is an important metric for any site because it affects search engine ranking, customer loyalty, and sales. A website that is down for even just a few minutes can result in the loss of significant amounts of money, as well as the loss of customers who are unable to purchase products or do business with the company during that time period. Website downtime can have many different causes: hardware failure, power outage, denial-of-service attack (DDoS), and so on.
Website performance is important in order to keep customers coming back and making purchases, as well as to maintain long-term relationships with other companies in the industry. When you are looking for a reliable wordpress hosting for your blog, consider hosting services that have high up time. Websites should have 99% uptime or higher in order to maintain their reputation as a reliable source for information.
- Security: Ensure that the hosting provider for your wordpress blog has good security. Website security is important for both the website owner and the visitor. Website owners are concerned with hacking, malware, and other security threats. Visitors are concerned about identity theft and other privacy violations. Website security is important because it protects a company’s reputation. Good web hosts provider have SSL and firewalls, which monitor incoming traffic and blocks anything that seems suspicious.
- Speed: Website speed is important because it affects the user experience and can make or break a sale. But what makes websites slow? Website speed is affected by many factors, including web server, database server, network and the device that is accessing the website.
Website speed is an important factor for a number of reasons. For one thing, it affects your SEO rankings. Google has confirmed that it uses site speed as a ranking factor. In addition, it helps your website visitors stay on your site longer which means they will be more likely to buy the product you are selling or subscribe to your newsletter. Your wordpress hosting provider for your blog should have excellent speed.
- The wordpress hosting provider for your blog must provide excellent 24/7/365 Customer Support.
- Backups: Website backups are critical because they allow you to recover from data loss, they help you test your wordpress blog before launching it, and they allow you to create a clone of your site in case of emergency situations like hacking or system failure.
- Bandwidth: WordPress hosting bandwidth is important because it determines how many people can visit your blog at the same time. The more visitors there are, the more bandwidth the site will need.
Is WordPress hosting free?
Now, the big question, is free WordPress hosting for your blog worth it? To be honest, if you are a keen student of creating your company website or even a low-budget professional, then free website hosting services are your best option.
Below we have mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of the best free WordPress hosting. Therefore, you can be your judge and choose according to your needs.
Advantages of the best free WordPress hosting plans
- The first benefit of free WordPress hosting is undoubtedly the price. You don’t have to pay a single cent to host your site.
- Since these free hosting services don’t have a lot of advanced solutions, this can be useful for beginners or non-techies.
- Another great feature is that you can get experience with the services, and learn all the tips and tricks before making a financial commitment.
- Let’s not forget all the amazing layouts that the best free WordPress hosting services provide. With the help of these layouts, you can get your site up and running in minutes.
Disadvantages of free WordPress hosting plans
🔸 Many hosting service companies place ads on your sites. The earnings from these ads go to the hosting companies. On the other hand, you will get fewer profit chances.
🔸 Also, bandwidth, disk space, and even web pages are more limited and restricted than paid WordPress hosting.
WordPress.com is one of the best free WordPress hosting providers for your blog that you can find in the market. It is easy to set up, and while they offer various premium upgrades if you wish, the free hosting solves most of your needs.
WordPress.com Key Features:
- Built-in social sharing with in-depth stats
- Hundreds of themes to choose from
- Mobile-friendly site creation
- Fast and friendly customer support
- Includes premium plans other than the free service
- No need to download any software or installer
- Up to 3 GB of free disk space
- Automatic updates and backups
- Hundreds of customizable themes are available
- You can only host a single WordPress site because you’re only allowed one MySQL database.
- There’s no free subdomain option — you have to purchase and use your custom domain name.
- While you can have one free email account, you can’t send email from your site (though this is an available add-on for a one-time fee).
2. free hosting
FreeHosting, as the name suggests, provides free wordpress hosting for your blog with all the features and tools needed to create the website of your dreams. And if you want additional features, you can always upgrade to the premium plan.
Apart from that, hosting account management has never been this easy before. Thanks to the cPanel web hosting that it provides. The drag-and-drop website building is another feature you get that will make your WordPress website creation process as smooth as butter.
Moreover, it offers 10GB of disk space, unmetered bandwidth, one email account, and your domain hosting.
Key Features of free hosting:
🔹 Free Website Builder 🔹
- One MySQL Database
- Load Site Using First Page
- No Limit on Visitors
- Ad-Free Hosting
- Unlimited Availability
- Allows installation of any WordPress themes
- Compatible with major WordPress plugins
❌ Limited support
❌ Limited MySQL database
- 000webhost offers free WordPress hosting, so you can try it without limiting yourself with expensive contracts. There are no ads and you can get started quickly with our automated WordPress installer. And if your WordPress site is currently hosted elsewhere, you can easily migrate it too!
- Hostgator is one of the best hosting providers for WordPress. It offers a wide range of features to help you get your blog up and running. It`s a leading web hosting company that provides high-quality, affordable, reliable WordPress hosting for both personal and business websites.
Hostgator offers a wide range of features to make your blog easy to setup, manage and grow. A website is the first impression of a business. It is where they advertise their products and services, promote their brand and establish their credibility. Hostgator provides you with the right tools to create a professional website with WordPress and other content management systems for your business.
- Bluehost is a web hosting company that offers shared, reseller, and virtual private server (VPS) hosting. They also offer domain registration services. Bluehost is a US-based web hosting provider that offers shared hosting services for individuals, small businesses, bloggers and large enterprise organizations. It also provides WordPress hosting for its customers as well as other popular CMS platforms like Drupal, Joomla!, and Magento.